Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July

Good morning!
These past few weeks have been a blur of lots of working (Aaron), learning and playing (Isaac), and enjoying time with my guys (me).
It has been hot, humid, and, dare I say, a bit muggy here the past week or so.
My cherry tomato plants are covered with tiny green spheres - I can't wait for them to turn various shades of yellow, orange, red, and delicious!
Isaac has been sleeping really well the past couple nights *yipee!* and Aaron and I have had up to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
Bliss.

We went to the Birstwith Show last Saturday with some friends and enjoyed a bird of prey show, a dog competition, looking at winning pies, produce, and crafts...they even had a handwriting competition for school kids. It was a really hot day and was also Isaac's first experience with sun screen!
This was one of my favorite displays of kid art - all about the Royal Wedding

Isaac and I got to experience a British insitution: the Antiques Roadshow!
It was filming in York last week so our friends Candace and Owen rode the train with us and we got a firsthand look at many old artifacts, tv presenters, and even a few taping segments.
Proof! It was really crowded and hot - a beautiful day!

I can touch my toes!
(They are also fun to chew on!)

Apparently this chest inspired Emily Bronte and she mentions it in the first chapter of Wuthering Heights.

Notice the knobs on the side of this cradle?
They were used to wind string around the top of the cradle to keep cats from accidentally suffocating the baby...hence "cat's cradle"

Not so sure about that plant...

House Hunters International?

No comments:

Post a Comment