It's that time of year again!
This year the San Diego County Fair theme was
Alice and Wonderland
with a steampunk twist
It was curiouser and curiouser...
and lots of fun too!
Bammy and Grandawg joined us for a day of oohing, ahhing,
gagging (more on that in a bit) and laughing
Who doesn't love to be greeted by a giant pink steampunk flamingo?
I'm a sucker for cute kids
see...I told you! :-)
the boys loved the fireman training camp!
Benji was a pro
we met Alice!
there was a bug bar (insert gagging)
Aaron and Bammy tried deep fried june bugs
aka the "protein of the future"...
we'll stick to good old fashioned milk, thank you very much
just when you thought the painting
American Gothic
couldn't get any creepier
last year we passed the silhouette booth and I thought
"after the baby is born I would love to get silhouettes of the kiddos"
so we did
the turkey stampede is still a favorite
I don't know why it's so funny
but it is
there was a great kid tent that we spent a long time in
resting, looking at kid artwork,
Ezri and Benji played in a toddler kitchen area
and Isaac and Aaron learned chess from a Grand Master
(he stuck with the whole game - 45+ min!)
but I don't have any pictures from that so,
moving on...
after the horses we admired the mineral collections
(Benji especially loved the iridescent calcite because it looked like kryptonite
and Isaac could pick out fluorite crystals)
and stared in amazement at the intricate wood crafts
it was a great fair day!
Loved these pictures!!
ReplyDelete