This past week has been pretty ordinary: the wind has been blustery, Aaron's been working hard, and we have been enjoying our antenatal classes. There were 3 random incidents that surprised me though, so I wanted to share them with you...
Incident A
I don't know if you've heard music from the fantastic musical "Wicked" (and if not, you should check it out!) but last week my friend Kim reminded me of when Elizabeth and I sang "For Good" in front of a stadium full of SIAS freshmen. Fun times. Anyways, after a nice trip down memory lane I logged on to my UK streaming online radio account and selected the "Vivaldi" station to accompany my quiet time. After some lovely concertos and sonatas, what should start playing but songs from Wicked! Bizarre huh?!
Incident C
I've been trying to make it to the gym a couple times a week and even though I walk soooo slow on the treadmil now, it's kind of fun because I can read a magazine at the same time. Last week I picked up an Outside magazine (from 2009) and learned all about the fascinating (and previously unknown to me) world of elephant polo. I read about one of the international championships, learned some of the rules, and laughed outloud a couple times reading descriptions of the games. After I finished my workout I went to meet a new friend for coffee and in walked a guy wearing a Gurkhas (the British Elephant Polo team) shirt! I just stared for a second or two and then asked him "do you play elephant polo?!" but he said "no". Isn't that a strange coincidence?!
Incident Bb
A bunch of guys from Aaron's work were planning a superbowl party and we considered going for awhile. We decided not to because
1) it was in Leeds and we didn't want to drive an hour home at 3 in the morning
2) it was kind of expensive
3) they were showing a British tv feed that didn't even include US commercials (which everyone knows is the best part anyways!)
So we decided to stay home and watch a little bit but record the rest (it started here at 11:30pm). While the pre-game commentary was on in the background I asked Baby who it was cheering for... "the Steelers?" (nothing)... "the Packers?" (wiggle wiggle wiggle). Aaron missed it the first time so a few minutes later we asked again... "the Packers?" (roll wiggle punch)... "the Steelers?" (nada). So Baby had a clear favorite.
We ended up watching the whole game (well, I slept a bit between the 3rd and 4th quarters) and every time the Packers made a touchdown I told baby and it would totally celebrate. But when the Steelers scored...nothing.
So apparently we have a Packers fan on our hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment