Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Date Night



Last year Aaron saw that a band he likes was coming to the UK
so he gleefully bought tickets
sent me a "we're going out in Jan!" email
and we both promptly forgot

Thankfully he got a reminder email last week
so I hurried to find a babysitter
(the boys had a blast - cried as we left but we could hear them stop
as we shut the door)
and we were off

It was freezing

We trained to Leeds
(does talking about investment plans
and down-payment hopes count as quality "date night" talk?)

We got kabobs to eat as we walked to the venue
and got some funny looks because they are
the quintessential "late night" or "hang over" food
(no Denny's, IHOP, or Waffle House here folks)
and we were chowing down at 6:30pm

The venue was nice
and the bouncer was nicer because he let us go upstairs
where the seats were
 instead of making us stand in the crowded stalls
we paid for
(sometimes I really love being pregnant!)

The show was fun
The opening act had some funky twangy ringing sound on the electric guitar
which made me nervous for the night
but the headlining band sounded great

Looking around the crowd 
I felt old though:
partly because the majority of girls were wearing clothes that did not convey warmth
while Aaron and I kept our coats on for the first half of the show

but mostly because instead of thinking
"how cool to be playing an international tour!"
I was thinking
"I wonder who does their laundry? 
Do they take turns?  Do the roadies do it?"

When we got back
 (near midnight - I know, I was impressed too!)
I checked on our sweet boys
and Isaac popped up in bed
"Hi Mommy, how was the band?!"

And we all slept in the next morning.







2 comments:

  1. What band? I'm dying to hear!! xxoo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. City + Color - apparently the lead singer's name is Denver Green...hence the band name :-) They had some great bluesy breakdowns!

    ReplyDelete