why is it that I do my best writing at night?
in bed
sans laptop
and too tired to flop my arm over to the nightstand for a pencil and paper
to capture the witty anecdotes
or profundities that whirl through a sleepy brain
on it's way to rem cycles
believe you me, if I wrote down half the stuff I conjure up
with my head on a pillow
you would be seeing wordier paragraphs
and possibly incoherent thoughts
and definitely *ahem* interesting posts
things like:
how our 2013 James Bond movie-a-thon is going
(answer, guess I even failed THAT resolution!)
a corresponding treatise on what I think of Bond
(is he a man or an STD? I still can't decide)
what are resolutions for 2014?
(notice they can no longer be called "New Years" resolutions
bonus - can't break it in Jan if it's not even stated yet!)
why are my pregnancy cravings clam linguine and a glass of buttery red wine?
(um, can anyone recommend a good buttery red wine?!
for later of course...)
any number of stand-up worthy tirades poor Aaron hears before a quick kiss goodnight
(at least he thinks I'm funny! hooray for funny marriage and parenthood!)
or those moments of "wow" when you read something wonderful
(just finished "Tattoos on the Heart" by Gregory Boyle
wiped my eyes and wordlessly handed it to Aaron...
pretend I handed it to you too)
so I might just start writing things down
and sending them out to the void...I mean blog
you've been warned
;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment