Monday, May 20, 2013

Keukenhof, the Netherlands

 
I told Aaron that if he got to go to Musikmesse
then I got to take pictures of the boys in front of tulips
 
so that's how we ended up going to Keukenhof
one of the most beautiful
and famous
gardens in the world
 
it was a cold winter so most of the tulips had not bloomed yet
but we did get to feast our eyes on such colorful
crocuses
(I looked that up and yes, that is how to spell the plural of crocus)
hyacinths
and daffodils
 
it was wonderful
 
 

there were a variety of sculptures throughout the garden
we liked this colorful little owl



boys + tulips = just what I was hoping for!
 
every year Keukenhof has a theme
and this year's was
United Kingdom
which seemed apropos
 
we were excited to get a picture of Benji
in front of the Big Ben tulip mosaic
 
but alas, no tulips!

Isaac enjoyed meeting animal friends in the petting zoo


 on our way to a REAL windmill

Isaac and Daddy got to explore it!
 
there was a greenhouse FULL of the
most glorious
tulips!
 
it was like walking into a rainbow
 
and it smelled divine
 
 
 


 
it was such a treat to enjoy such beauty
 
I'm still kicking myself for not buying some bulbs as a souvenir!


1 comment: